After a few weeks off, I'm ready to podcast Episode 21 of the Family Medicine Rocks podcast, tomorrow, Thursday, November 3rd, 2011 - Live - at 11am Eastern Daylight Time. I have lots to talk about, as outlined below.
The main topic will be an article from the Columbus Dispatch from November 1st entitled, "One million in Ohio lack a family doctor." A lot of things fire me up about this article. The main irk I have is that there is absolutely NO quote from a Family Physician. The only physician quote is from an emergency room physician. Really? C'mon. So, I'll be talking about that and a lot more.
Here's what's on the list to possibly be talked about on the show. Any feedback on any of these topics?
- "One Million In Ohio Lack A Family Doctor," from Columbus Dispatch
- "Do You Have A Family Physician That You Visit Regularly?" from Columbus Dispatch
- "Downside of Doctors Who Feel Your Pain," from New York Times
- "Do 'Nice' Doctors Make Better Doctors?" from New York Times
- #FMRevolution Releases a Video
- Dr. Sarah Sams, family physician, advocates for SGR reform in this video
- Dr. Gerry Tolbert, family physician, starts new podcast called "Here's To Your Health"
- BlogWorld Expo Los Angeles has a Social Health Track
- Wrap-up of Mayo Clinic Social Media Week
- Wrap-up of California Academy of Family Physicians - Family Medicine Summit (my talk is the video above)
- I'll be speaking at upcoming Missouri Academy of Family Physicians meeting next week