Question: What are some safety tips when using fireworks?
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks
- Older children should only use under close adult supervision
- Never light fireworks indoors
- Never relight a "dud" firework
- Soak unused fireworks in water before discarding
- Keep a bucket of water nearby to extinguish firework
Welcome to Summer! With the official start of summer happening, it's always great talking about sun and fun. However, it's also an important time to talk about summer safety tips. June is Fireworks Safety Month.
According to the National Safety Council, in 2016, at least four people died and about 11,000 were injured badly enough to require medical treatment after firework related incidents, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Another interesting fact is that on a typical Fourth of July, fireworks account for two out of five of all reported fires, according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). Also check out the video below from the NFPA.
Check out some helpful tips above. Better yet, grab a blanket and a patch of lawn, kick back and let the experts handle the show.