A few weeks ago, I met Kari Ulrich at the Mayo Clinic Social Media Summit. She is also known as @FMDGirl on twitter. Her diagnosis is Fibromuscular Dysplasia (FMD), which I admit, I don't know much about. I encourage you to check out the video above in which she tells her story. She told the same story at the Summit.
Kari approached me for a unique opportunity to take part in an e-patient chat on the topic of FMD. This chat will take place on the FMDChat facebook page on Thursday, November 10th, 2011 from 8:00-8:30pm Eastern Standard Time. Also taking part will be Mike Ulrich, MD who is a Family Physician at the Mayo Clinic. Get more details on the chat here.
Some preliminary questions have been proposed for the participants, including the following:
- What are the biggest challenges you face with your primary care physicians (PCP)?
- Share with us what you appreciate most about your PCP.
- How much time do you need with your physician for an average FMD follow-up appointment?
- If you could give your PCP one piece of advice, what would that be?
- What areas do you think need to be addressed most with PCP in dealing with patients with FMD?
There will probably be more of these good questions during the chat tonight. Thanks to Kari and her co-facilitator Sarah for conducting the chat tonight. If anything else, I invite you to listen. People just want to be heard. I'm looking forward to this unique experience tonight.