The Family Medicine Global Health Workshop is going on over the next couple of days in Baltimore. This meeting is organized by our friends at the American Academy of Family Physicians.
According to their website, you'll learn the following at the meeting:
- How to get started in global health
- Strengthen your capacity to contribute to global health programs
- Prepare to serve as family medicine consultants and organize and conduct global health consultation
- Broaden your clinical knowledge about diseases rarely encountered in your home country
- Evaluate the practical management of chronic diseases in resource-contrainted settings
- Strengthen preparation of students, residents, and physicians for global health field work
- Promote family medicine faculty development
You can also follow the meeting using the #AAFPGlobal hashtag on twitter. I imagine that AAFP will also group tweets for your review later as well. What follows below are some initial tweets from day one...