My good friend Sam at Blog, MD *cough* tagged me this afternoon. He started a blog meme of his own. How can you start a meme? I thought memes were one of those mysterious things that traveled around the world and around the blogosphere until you get the dreaded message that "you've been tagged." Oh well...
With Halloween coming at the end of the month, he calls his meme "dark and creepy." The idea is to pick five songs that you'd like played at your funeral. Quite odd, I thought, because I haven't really thought about that yet. But, hey, I'm game. Here are Blog, MD's top five.
The Top 5 Songs I Want Played (Over My Dead Body):Here are my Top 5 Songs I Want Played, well, you know...
1. “When the Levee Breaks” by Led Zeppelin: Because “Stairway to Heaven” is so obvious.
2. “Dies irae” from Mozart’s Requiem: This piece speaks for itself. I’ve loved it for years.
3. “A Love Supreme” by John Coltrane: I consider this to be one of the greatest pieces of music ever composed. Coltrane’s “humble offering to God” in the “Acknowledgement” converted this tired agnostic.
4. “Steppin’ Out” by Joe Jackson: A fitting way to say adeiu.
5. “Non, je ne regrette rien” by Edith Piaf: No regrets. None.
1. Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel: In my past life as a med student, I played piano accompanyment along with two violinists during a memorial service. Very moving experience, have to blog about that sometime. (Only serious choice in this group)
2. Roxanne by The Police: My one and only karyoke song. That would get people talking!
3. Hit The Road Jack by Ray Charles
4. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day
5. 100 Years by Five For Fighting
In true meme fashion, here's who I'm tagging. Join in if you'd like:
1. The Thinker: Check out her blog. She's already in the Halloween spirit!
2. Morgan: Another blog with Halloween-y colors. HA!
3. Julie: It is meme Tuesday, isn't it?
4. Empress Bee: Wouldn't this be your first meme?
5. Little Student: This is not a boring meme.